- Client Walmart Centroamérica
- Status In execution
- Location Central America
- Service Energy efficiency and Distributed generation
Thanks to this strategic consulting project, Walmart is moving towards the energy transition through our energy efficiency and distributed generation measures
Walmart, a consumer goods distribution company with a global presence and its own manufacturing, has more than 700 stores in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. As part of its policy of development and energy transition, it has contracted Enertika’s consulting services to find out its current situation, as well as, propose energy efficiency and distributed generation measures with the aim of reducing operating costs.
In this way, energy audits have been carried out in 9 food industries owned by Walmart in Central America in order to develop energy improvement proposals:
- El Salvador: Two facilities with a total annual electricity consumption of 2.57 GWh
- Guatemala: Annual electricity consumption in the 4 facilities of more than 4 GWh in 4 facilities
- Honduras: Two facilities with a total annual electricity consumption of 2.75 GWh
- Nicaragua: Annual consumption of the meat facility of 1.87 GWh in the meat facility
The content of the Walmart global report includes the following points:
- Energy benchmarking of industrial plants according to their typology
- Definition of the action plan for savings and distributed generation measures
- Proposal for a global energy management service led by the implementation of ISO 50001 and supports corporate social responsibility
Energy-focused improvements proposed by Enertika
- Renewable self-generation – photovoltaic plant on the factory roof in optimal orientations
- Refrigeration and cold distribution – improvement of regulation, optimization of systems and / or replacement of cold generators
- Air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) – improvement in regulation, implementation of frequency inverters, implementation of heat recovery and free-cooling systems, replacement of air conditioning equipment, etc.
- Compressed air – tightness analysis, improvement of the regulation of the compressor groups and / or replacement of generators
- Heat production and distribution – optimization of heat production and distribution, thermal use and / or replacement of production systems
- Lighting – evaluation of the current situation. Analysis of substitution, automation and / or regulation of current lighting
- Cross-sectional measures – energy saving for the implementation of frequency variators in fan or liquid motors, good practices, improvement of thermal insulation, automation of machinery on-off, etc.
- Energy management – digitization of the industry to monitor the main consumers. Implementation of an energy management system that allows the introduction of continuous improvement methodologies (ISO 50.001)