Four keys to energy efficiency in industry
Energy efficiency in industry can be summarized as reducing energy consumption while saving on electricity bills. To this end, there are a number of measures to achieve this goal. The key to these measures lies in the adaptation of the industry, its equipment, its installation, its energy sources, its production processes, etc. Without further ado, Enertika tells you what are the keys to achieve industrial energy efficiency.
1. Energy as a Service: guaranteed savings and decarbonization
The basis of all industrial energy efficiency measures is Energy as a Service. This is a service-based energy business model. In other words, the customer does not pay for the product itself, but pays a fixed monthly energy subscription that allows him to save energy while it is in the hands of the company to offer the best technologies for this purpose. That the customer has the best solutions without initial investment is synonymous with economic and energy efficiency.
At Enertika we take care of offering solutions for the industry that consume the minimum amount of energy while achieving the highest energy efficiency. This sums up Energy as a Service.
2. Sustainable energy-saving lighting
Did you know that by changing the traditional lighting system for other efficient lighting measures you can reduce your energy consumption for lighting by 80%? Sometimes, when you see the measures reflected in your energy bill, you don’t need many more arguments. We recommend that you start by considering LED technology as the first alternative, the lighting system with the greatest savings potential.
¿Sabías que cambiando el sistema de alumbrado tradicional por otras medidas de iluminación eficiente puedes reducir un 80% tu consumo energético destinado a la iluminación? A veces, cuando se ven reflejadas las medidas en la factura energética, no son necesarios muchos más argumentos. Te recomendamos empezar por considerar la tecnología led como primera alternativa, el sistema de lighting con más potencial de ahorro.
And we would be lying if we said that it is the most sustainable measure, since you can always slightly remodel the infrastructure of the industry to get natural light points. By combining both options, your company will be able to drastically reduce its electricity bill and join the energy transition. In fact, this is what the Paris Agreement dictates, which will penalize companies that do not reduce their CO2 emissions by 45% by 2030.
3. Change of energy sources, hello renewables!
Our favourite topic: renewable energies, and solar energy in particular. It is true that investment in renewables by the industry considers different options, but in the end, photovoltaic is the most affordable both economically and in terms of energy potential. Dependence on the conventional electricity market is riskier than investing in solar energy, as tariffs are unpredictable and the trend of rising prices looks like it is here to stay.
So achieving energy independence is the first step to making your industry energy efficient, because you reduce energy consumption from electricity, take advantage of renewable sources, and manage your energy, while reducing your bill.
4. First need: optimizing industrial processes
The main energy consumption in industry is not due to lighting, as it would be in a tertiary sector company. The greatest energy consumption is in industrial, operational and production processes. Machinery requires electricity in large quantities, and not only that, but it usually consumes too much energy as a general rule, an error that we must correct as soon as possible. That is why its optimization is key to try to reduce as much as possible this consumption without lowering the level of productivity of the industry, in conclusion: to achieve greater energy efficiency.
What are the advantages of energy efficiency in industry?
In view of the four keys to energy efficiency in industry, we can take a final look at what its advantages are:
- Increased productivity: As mentioned above, energy efficiency is about maintaining your productivity while reducing the energy consumed to perform the same industrial processes. In fact, if executed correctly, the goal is that with improved performance, productivity will increase and you will say goodbye to unnecessary expenses.
- Social commitment and corporate image: Beyond your introduction to the energy transition and your commitment to the goals of the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement, your corporate image will take a considerable leap forward, as the customer is increasingly eco-friendly and values sustainable companies positively.
- Keep competing in the market: Spending less on your electricity bill means that you can invest this money in your industry’s production, staff increase, better technologies, etc. And therefore, you are more competent. But it is even more important to consider that in order to continue competing in the market you need to meet the UN CO2 emission reduction targets, otherwise your company will be financially punished.
- Save time and money: Energy efficiency also includes energy management that allows you to monitor all the processes and solutions applied so that they reach their full potential at all times and you do not waste money and time on late repairs or reduced efficiency.
A word of advice: start the energy transition as soon as possible, now is the boom time for efficiency technologies and an opportunity to make sure you meet the emission reduction targets. So far we say goodbye. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us, without obligation.